West Auckland: Secondary Year 1 PCT (9-13) Workshop Series
This workshop series includes four sessions across the year to support secondary teachers in their first year of teaching. Each full day session is either face-to-face or online. They will be interactive with time provided for dialogue and the sharing of thinking and ideas. Workshop content has been co-constructed in response to previous participants' identified needs and feedback.
Learning focus 1: Setting up for success: building an authentic classroom culture and my teaching practice
This workshop will explore the ways in which we can create a positive classroom culture and learning environment. Practical strategies will be shared and discussed that put the learner at the centre, including:
- Building relational capacity
- Developing professional agency
- Promoting learner agency
- Supporting a learning focused culture
Learning focus 2: Responding to the disengaged: My practice, My context
The more we know about students the better positioned we are to support positive relationships for learning, in particular:
- maximise engaged learning
- minimise disengaged learning
- optimise relationships
Learning focus 3: Data-driven decision making
This session continues to build on student and teacher agency with a particular focus on developing your formative practices and the effective use of data to inform teaching and learning:
- what evidence do I have about my students?
- where can I get evidence?
- how can I use it?
- what more do I need to know?
- my professional inquiry and my evidence portfolio
Learning focus 4: The wisdom of the collective
This workshop will be an opportunity for:
- participants to reflect on and share teaching practices that they feel have been successful to effectively engage the learner and improve the learning
- facilitators to share a range of evidence-based practices that been used to empower teachers to effectively engage the learner and improve learning
Register and pay now for the early bird cost of $1000.
For further information, visit our website