Introduction to Local Curriculum for Leaders - Workshop
This workshop will give school and curriculum leaders an overview of local curriculum. It will help you decide what the next steps are for your school.
You will explore aspects of developing a local curriculum, including:
- What a local curriculum looks like and why it is important for your learners
- How Te Tiriti o Waitangi is honoured in a local curriculum
- Ways into developing a local curriculum, e.g. through pedagogy, place, and people
- Strategies that could help to review and design your local curriculum
- Stories of how other schools have developed their local curriculum
- Ensuring there is coherence between your strategic plan, local curriculum and evaluation and self-review.
Who is this workshop for?
We recommend that more than one school leader and/or curriculum leader attends from your school. That way you can collaboratively work to progress your local curriculum.
The workshop involves learning, participating in activities, and discussion.
You can either attend a full-day face-to-face workshop in Auckland or the two online sessions. The online sessions are spread across two half days where you will experience interactive Zoom sessions, group discussions, and online activities.
This workshop costs $330 + GST per participant.
New Zealand (nationwide)
Contact: Donna Leckie
(09) 360 0827