Making Maths Count Series of Six Full-day Workshops 2021
These workshops are designed to achieve a balance between needs-based group teaching and collaborative problem-solving pedagogies and approaches. Each workshop has its own focus and can be attended as a stand-alone day of professional development or, as a series of six days throughout the year, they build on ideas developed and are perfect for developing teacher confidence and competence in teaching mathematics.
During the series of workshops, teachers will experience group lessons modelled with students and will also be supported to plan mixed ability problem-solving lessons.
Register for all six or choose specific workshops.
1. The number framework and using assessment tools (22 February)
2. Getting started and teaching number knowledge (22 March)
3. Addition and subtraction strategies, including rich tasks (17 May)
4. Multiplication and division strategies, including rich tasks (21 June)
5. Fractions and proportional thinking, including rich tasks (2 August)
6. Making Maths Relevant (20 September)
Each workshop is held at Long Bay Primary School, North Shore, Auckland, 9.15am–2.45pm.
These workshops are ideal for teachers who wish to consolidate their practice and are also ideal for teachers who are new to the profession, are returning to the profession after a career break, or are overseas-trained.
For more details, go to https://www.specialaddition.co.nz/maths-made-easy-workshops
Contact: Jo Knox
(021) 771 651