Te Whakamānawa: Developing Cultural Competencies in Learning Communities
Aotearoa is a bicultural nation, with learning communities that are becoming more diverse and multicultural. This online programme will explore how to better reflect our bicultural heritage and give mana to Te Tiriti o Waitangi in your teaching, as well as how relationships with students, whānau and iwi/hapū can support the engagement and achievement of all students.
By the end of this online programme, you will be able to:
- Evaluate your current culturally responsive practices and pedagogy
- Implement practical ways in which your learning community might better reflect the bicultural heritage of Aotearoa
- Empower ākonga Māori to achieve educational success ‘as Māori’
- Meaningfully engage and create partnerships with ākonga, whānau, iwi/hapū and the wider community
- Implement strategies into practice that will give mana to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Integrate more culturally responsive practices.
Find out more. Registrations are open now.
New Zealand (nationwide)