Future Learning Solutions – Centre For Languages
GROW 11 – Introducing NZSL in to the Primary and Intermediate Classroom
We are excited to invite you to be part of our 2021 GROW programmes. There is a professional development opportunity for every teacher of languages in Aotearoa; better yet, it’s FREE.
In this series of workshops you will learn the principles for successful language acquisition, ways to integrate New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) learning into your every-day classroom routine, and have an introduction to NZSL and Deaf Culture. An inquiry-based process will be used. Prior knowledge of NZSL is not required as we will learn NZSL throughout the year. It is expected that teachers will implement their learning in their classrooms throughout the year.
- Workshop 1 – Full day Wednesday 24 February 2021 9am–3pm
- Workshop 2 - Online Wednesday 10 March 2021 3.30–5.30pm
- Workshop 3 - Full day Tuesday 15 June 2021 9am–3pm
- Workshop 4 - Online Wednesday 4 August 2021 3.30–5.30pm
- Workshop 5 - Online Wednesday 8 September 2021 3.30–5.30pm
- Workshop 6 - Online Wednesday 10 November 2021 3.30–5.30pm
To find out more about this and all our programmes, and to register, please visit https://tinyurl.com/GROW2021
New Zealand (nationwide)