Sustainable Coastlines Litter Intelligence Education Programme
Join us for one of our Engagement Days to learn about LIEP, our Litter Intelligence Education Programme.
The Litter Intelligence Education Programme is a flexible programme for teachers and students changing hearts, minds and behaviours around litter pollution. The session revolves around litter survey and audit methodology and how this has grown into a complete education programme.
The programme develops individuals skills and capabilities in creative leadership, problem solving, presentation delivery, storytelling, influencing techniques, community engagement, citizen science and much much more.
We take a cross-curricular approach featuring:
- The Department of Conservation inquiry cycle
- A Citizen Science training workshop and kit to enable beach litter monitoring (your data contributes to a national database which actually gets used in governmental reporting and decision making)
- Interactive website, data entry app, and access to real-world data for classroom use
- Access to support and resources from our Sustainable Coastlines team
- Education resource pack with training in its implementation
- Inquiry-based learning by design
- A real world context for academic learning
- NCEA education for sustainability ready
- Professional development day for educators post-engagement day.
The programme is highly adaptable; allowing teachers to work collaboratively within a sustainability context and achieve subject specific learning objectives across all curriculum levels.
We are looking for school principals, teachers and educators all over Aotearoa that would like to be involved in our Education Programme.
If you are not within these regions you can still express your interest by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Bay of Plenty