Doctoral Scholarship Opportunity in Māori and Pacific Higher Education
A one-time doctoral scholarship is open to PhD applicants of Māori and / or Pacific descent interested in factors that enable Māori and Pacific Higher Education success.
- Value: $28,200 plus domestic fees per year (3-years)
- Closing date for applications: 1 November 2020
- Acceptance into doctoral programme required before 1 March 2021
Utilising or theorising Māori, Pacific or Moana methodologies, the successful applicant will design a high-quality doctoral study, supervised by Dr Hinekura Smith (Māori) and Dr ‘Ema Wolfgramm-Foliaki (Tongan).
A research focus might include:
- Māori and / or Pacific ‘first in the family graduate’ experiences in Higher Education
- Kaupapa Māori and Pasifika research collaborations in Aotearoa New Zealand Higher Education and across the Pacific.
- Developing and contributing to Kaupapa Māori, Moana and Pacific methodologies
- Māori and / or Pacific post-graduation employment experiences, academic pathways and opportunities.
- Māori and / or Pacific aspirations in Higher Education and enabling positive transformations for whānau / iwi / communities in Aotearoa New Zealand and across the Pacific.
For more details: auckland.ac.nz/maori-pacific-edu
Apply for PhD study: auckland.ac.nz/apply
2021 NZLA Conference