Doctoral Scholarship Opportunity in Māori and Pacific Higher Education
A one-time doctoral scholarship is open to PhD applicants of Māori and / or Pacific descent interested in factors that enable Māori and Pacific Higher Education success.
- Value: $28,200 plus domestic fees per year (3-years)
- Closing date for applications: 1 November 2020
- Acceptance into doctoral programme required before 1 March 2021
Utilising or theorising Māori, Pacific or Moana methodologies, the successful applicant will design a high-quality doctoral study, supervised by Dr Hinekura Smith (Māori) and Dr ‘Ema Wolfgramm-Foliaki (Tongan).
A research focus might include:
- Māori and / or Pacific ‘first in the family graduate’ experiences in Higher Education
- Kaupapa Māori and Pasifika research collaborations in Aotearoa New Zealand Higher Education and across the Pacific.
- Developing and contributing to Kaupapa Māori, Moana and Pacific methodologies
- Māori and / or Pacific post-graduation employment experiences, academic pathways and opportunities.
- Māori and / or Pacific aspirations in Higher Education and enabling positive transformations for whānau / iwi / communities in Aotearoa New Zealand and across the Pacific.
For more details: auckland.ac.nz/maori-pacific-edu
Apply for PhD study: auckland.ac.nz/apply
Doctoral Scholarship Opportunity in Education Policy
A one-time doctoral scholarship designed for an outstanding new full-time applicant in the area of education policy formation, implementation or evaluation.
• Value: NZ$28,200 plus domestic fees per year (three years)
• Closing date: 1 November 2020
• Acceptance into doctoral programme required before 1 March 2021
The successful applicant will engage in doctoral study of education policy, focused on New Zealand or international* education policy, at a school, regional or national level, supervised by Dr Jo Smith.
*Note: Given the uncertain Covid-19 situation, international applicants will need to qualify under applicable requirements related to travel.
For more details: auckland.ac.nz/education-policy.
Montessori Aotearoa New Zealand Conference 2020
Welcome to the information and registration site for MANZ Conference 2020!
I am delighted to present to you the amazing line-up of speakers who are providing a wide range of topics which will, I’m sure, inspire you. Come along to the Wairakei Resort, Taupō while soaking up knowledge for your kete.
In 2020 we are celebrating the 150 years since the birth of our founder Dr Maria Montessori. Come along to our network drinks on Saturday 4 July to help us celebrate this important milestone.
I look forward to welcoming you.
Cathy Wilson, Executive Officer, MANZ