Introduction to Specific Learning Disabilities
SPELD NZ COURSE
Introduction to Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD)
(Level 3 NZQA-approved)
- Are you struggling to support a child or adult with dyslexia?
- Are you a teacher/teacher aide who wants to reach more children in your classroom?
- Are you aware of children who are disruptive, withdrawn, bright but not achieving?
- Are you a learning support coordinator taking on a new role?
- Are you working with a child who is not progressing as you would expect?
SPELD NZ’S two day introductory course is for you! All welcome.
Ideal for parents, caregivers, employers, teacher aides, teachers, LSC, RTLB & SENCO.
This is an introductory course, suitable for those who have limited or no knowledge about SLD.
It gives insights into why specific learning disabilities occur, what it is like to have dyslexia or other SLD and offers strategies for helping these learners in the classroom and at home.
A recent teacher participant said this course was "well delivered with lots of new information for me to think about and pass on to my colleagues."
Registrations are essential https://www.speld.org.nz/our-services/training/introduction-specific-learning-disabilities/
Training subsidy funding may be available towards teachers attending this course.
Fee: SPELD NZ Members: $250 per person or early bird payment of $200.
Non-Members: $350 per person or early bird price $300.
Includes: course notes, tea and coffee.
Any questions? Contact SPELD NZ now ... email@example.com