Linking the Curriculum and the Outdoor Classroom
This workshop will build the confidence of educators who want to use a local space or their own space for outdoor play with their tamariki. It will provide skills, knowledge and ideas to support children's play in an outdoor environment. Aimed at ECE and Primary teachers there will be plenty of opportunities for discussion and networking.
- Benefits of outdoor play and learning in nature
- Schema, loose parts and risky play
- Recognising learning and linking the curriculum
- Te ao Māori and the outdoor classroom
- Risk management outdoors
- Whittling and fire lighting session.
Where: Natures Point Preschool, Auckland
Date: Sunday 29 November.
EARLYBIRD REGISTRATION: $160 (includes morning tea. BYO lunch – Register before the 31 October).
LATEBIRD REGISTRATION: $185 (includes morning tea. BYO lunch).