Sustainable Coastlines Litter Intelligence Education Programme - Taranaki
Join us for our Taranaki Engagement Day!
The Litter Intelligence Education Programme is a flexible programme for teachers and students changing hearts, minds and behaviours around litter pollution.
The programme develops individuals skills and capabilities in creative leadership, problem solving, presentation delivery, storytelling, influencing techniques, community engagement, citizen science and much much more.
We take a cross-curricular approach featuring:
- The Department of Conservation inquiry cycle
- A Citizen Science training workshop and kit to enable beach litter monitoring (your data contributes to a national database which actually gets used in governmental reporting and decision making)
- Interactive website, data entry app, and access to real-world data for classroom use
- Access to support and resources from our Sustainable Coastlines team
- Education resource pack with training in its implementation
- Inquiry-based learning by design
- A real world context for academic learning
- NCEA education for sustainability ready
- Professional development day for educators post-engagement day
The programme is highly adaptable; allowing teachers to work collaboratively within a sustainability context and achieve subject specific learning objectives across all curriculum levels.
We are looking for school principals, teachers and educators all over Aotearoa that would like to be involved in our Education Programme.
If you are not in the Taranaki region you can still express your interest by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Road Safety Week 4–10 May
Road Safety Week is an annual activity that engages hundreds of communities across the country in raising awareness of road safety.
The week is a great opportunity to kick-start road safety activities at your organisation, or to link existing activities to a national week. There are also lots of ways to meet curriculum goals whilst also learning about road safety.
It's free to register and thanks to QBE Insurance and Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency you'll receive an electronic action pack with posters, worksheets, interactive resources and more.
For more information and to register for an action pack visit www.roadsafetyweek.org.nz.
Exciting innovative global STEAM programme
Exciting innovative online S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) programme opens for application. Take a chance to bring your students a new and creative way of learning, as well as opportunities to connect with the world.
Interested? Contact us via email@example.com or 093681231 for Susu.
We look forward to working with you on this project and new initiatives at Term 1-2 in 2019.
For further details https://www.naeaedu.com/steam.