Science Academy Teacher PLD in Dunedin
Attention science teachers
Applications are now open for the Otago University Advanced School Sciences Academy Teacher PLD workshops. We offer a unique programme for teachers of secondary school Sciences during the summer holidays at our Dunedin campus.
Start date: Monday 18 January 2021 (from 3pm)
End date: Thursday 21st January 2021 (at 12pm)
In 2021, we'll be running a range of PLD workshops taught by academic staff at the University and other local outreach facilitators.
- Interactive workshops about forensic science and sport and exercise science;
- Bio/chem/physics practical laboratory sessions targeted to your needs;
- A workshop about how to get involved in citizen science projects that will enhance hands-on scientific learning for students in a real-world context;
- a field trip to Otago Peninsula to take part in the Litter Intelligence Project – a new national citizen science programme.
- Accommodation and meals at a university residential college are included.
Our target teachers are those from low decile (1–6), rural/provincial schools and/or schools with less than 300 students or a high roll of Māori or Pasifika students. However, all teachers can apply.
Places limited to 25.
More information here: Our web page
Application forms here: Apply now
Closing date: 13 November.
Contact: Petrina Duncan (Science Teaching Coordinator)
(03) 470 3496