Mathematics Leadership Communities Meetings | MLCs (Wairarapa)
Cognition Education is excited to be hosting the Mathematics Leadership Communities (MLCs) meetings for two Mathematics leaders from your school to attend each term.
These collaborative meetings for mathematics and statistics teachers/leaders will be packed with useful material relating to current research and developments in mathematics education for New Zealand schools.
Each meeting focuses on inquiry and will enable mathematics and statistics leaders/teachers to:
- Build capability in leading mathematics and statistics within and across their schools
- Share successful and robust assessment practices
- Investigate effective pedagogy and strategies for teaching mathematics and statistics
- Support school-wide development in effective mathematics practice; and
- Network with other mathematics and statistics leaders.
The cost to attend each workshop is $50 for two teachers per school.
Each session takes place once a term from 9.30am to 2.30pm (with a 30-minute break for lunch). Please also note that morning tea will be provided, however, lunch is not, so you will need to BYO lunch.
- Term 4 – 28 October.
Where: Carterton School, Holloway Street, Carterton, Wellington 5713.
These insightful meetings will have you walk away with practical skills and tools that you can use immediately in your leadership mahi and in classrooms.
*If you have registered for any previous 2020 MLCs, you don't need to enrol again.
For more information, and to register, please visit our Eventbrite page: www.cognitioneducation.co.nz/teacher-development-workshops
(09) 638 4760