Free Sorted in Schools Half-day PLD workshops
Are you new to Sorted in Schools? Or do you want to learn more about teaching the senior secondary financial capability standards?
Then please join us for our free half-day PLD workshops. You can register for one or both workshops, but spaces are limited so be quick!
All our workshops are practical, hands-on and will set yourself up for success in teaching financial capability, no matter what your level or teaching year
Introduction to Sorted in Schools – morning workshop
This session is ideal for anyone new to the Sorted in Schools programme, teaching financial capability and looking for ways to introduce it into their school. This session will help you:
- Understand what financial capability is
- Navigate the Sorted in Schools website resources
- Unpack NZC/financial progressions
- Build confidence around financial capability
- Talk about ways to implement it in your teaching programmes
- Talk about our teacher support programme.
Senior Secondary programme – afternoon workshop
This session is ideal for anyone new to teaching financial capability in the senior secondary classroom and wanting to learn more about the unit standards to help students gain credits towards NCEA. This session will help you:
- Understand how to implement financial capability into the senior secondary programme
- Understand the unit standards and how they can be used to achieve certified endorsement
- Talk about ways to embed it in your teaching lessons
- Build confidence around financial capability.
Who should attend?
All teachers and school leaders are welcome to attend, whether you’re already using the Sorted in Schools, Te whai hua, kia ora! programme, or just starting out.
For more information and to register for this event, visit https://sortedinschools.org.nz/teachers/pld/workshops/
Bay of Plenty