Leading with Heart and Soul
Presented by Toni Christie.
This workshop will share a values-based approach to leadership. With more than 25 years of leadership experience in early childhood education, Toni will share her wit, wisdom, and lessons learned from leading teams. Participants will discuss and explore the following core values for leadership in education: Courage, vision, service, empathy, loyalty, honesty, grace, creativity, joy, gratitude, empowerment and respect. Included with the course is a comprehensive resource.
- Examine their own values as related to leadership
- Be familiarised with the leadership responsibilities for management and administration in ECE services
- Explore conflict, including what it is, and how it could be resolved
- Practice giving and receiving feedback
- Discuss positive communication
- Look at models for improvement including an example of strategic planning
- Be inspired to delegate appropriately
- Discuss intentional language, engaged feedback, and professionalism
- Develop ideas for team building and team contracts
- Understand the importance of self-care and self-love
- Receive their choice of leadership book or management manual with the course.
This is an ideal workshop to inspire and affirm new, established and aspiring leaders in early childhood education.
Course runs from 9am–3pm.
Normal price: $195.
Location: Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, 175 Cuba Street, Palmerston North 4441.
Building and Maintaining A Connected and Collaborative Team
• Understanding more about the people you work with.
• Building Positive Workplace Environments & Relationships
• Feedback & Feedforward
• Resolving Conflict
• Signposts of a connected and collaborative team.
For a full description and to register please visit www.teambuilders.co.nz