Te Reo Māori 1
This workshop seeks to increase educator confidence in speaking Māori. Practical strategies to support pronunciation and simple language construction form the basis of this session. This is a fun, practical workshop with plenty of opportunities to practice speaking Māori in a safe learning environment. We will spend about 80% of our time practicing and extending our speaking skills in Te Reo Māori. For the other 20% we will discuss implementing Ka Hikitia in an early childhood setting. We also explore important aspects Māori ways of knowing, doing and being, including Ngā Kaupapa Whakahaere, Ngā Taumata Whakahirahira, the five Mana, Ako, Poutama,Tuakana/Teina, Tapu and noa, whakawhanaungatanga. This workshop will include: Alphabet, sounds; Pronunciation; Greetings; Mihi and pepeha; Pronouns; Simple sentences; Specific praise; Directives; Early childhood vocabulary; Songs.
Online: 9.30am to 4.30pm on Wednesday 30 September.
New Zealand (nationwide)