Dancing with Digi Tech Workshop – Waihi
Byte size workshop unpacking the building blocks of the DT/HM Technological within NZC Framework
Shoestrings, Everyday Things and the Internet of Things (IoT)
Designed to suit the needs of curious teachers, this workshop will provide opportunities for teachers to immerse themselves in a variety of collaborative, hands on activities which explore some of the big ideas behind Computational Thinking. Unpack the links between Computational Thinking and Designing and Developing Digital Outcomes in our 21st Century Education Landscape.
Demystify the what and how of DT/HM and unpack where Computational thinking converges with Designing and developing digital outcomes and IoT.
Bits and Bytes
- Develop your Digital and computational thinking capabilities through a hands on discovery and exploration session
- Investigate the use of everyday things which can be used to help you integrate computational thinking into your classroom teaching and learning programme
- Build a basis for teaching to support the progress outcomes in CT and DDO for digital technologies
- Explore the 21st Century skill of Real World Problem Solving through prototyping and electronics
- Finish with a Megabyte session. Dive deeper into CT or DDO by backward mapping a PO to understand the building blocks and foundational skills/strategies of a progress outcome.