An Introduction to the New Zealand Curriculum for Overseas Trained Teachers
An introduction to the New Zealand Curriculum for overseas trained teachers (open to other interested parties) with Gayle McIlraith
This course is an opportunity for teachers new to teaching in New Zealand, to develop understanding, and unpack the intent, of the New Zealand Curriculum.
The workshop will support participants to
• Understand the New Zealand Curriculum and its components
• Understand the uniqueness of the curriculum document as a flexible framework that enables innovation
• Understand the alignment of the curriculum document to school strategic planning and vision
• Have knowledge and appreciation of how schools can use the potential of the New Zealand Curriculum to develop a ‘local’ curriculum that best fits their needs and school context
• Engage with the document to plan teaching and learning opportunities.
Gayle's most recent roles have been, Lead Facilitator and Manager of Reading Recovery (Northern Region) oversight of the Accelerated Learning in Literacy (ALL) contract at the Faculty of Education and Social Work University of Auckland.
She held a range of teacher and senior leadership roles in primary schools before moving into facilitating and leading professional learning and development programmes for Y1-10 across a wide variety of schools.