Internal Evaluation for Quality Improvements
Presented by Lauren Ryan.
This is a practical, professional development opportunity focusing on ERO’s approach to internal evaluation. Aimed at all who work with young children in early childhood education (ECE), this workshop will take you through some practical examples and the Childspace framework, which provides guidance on how to develop a strategic plan, as well as a pathway of internal evaluation for strategic, regular or emergent purposes. You will be supported to begin designing an evaluation on a policy, programme, or an area of practice, suited to your centre’s needs. Through this you will gain a greater understanding of the purposes, process and practice of internal evaluation. You will leave this workshop feeling confident to support your team towards ensuring internal evaluation leads to continuous quality improvements that support positive learning outcomes for all akonga/learners.
To support our learning in this workshop, attendees should bring with them:
- A copy of ‘Effective Internal Evaluation for Improvement’ - ERO booklet
- An example of a recent review/evaluation or an idea of an evaluation you would like to undertake.
- Explore the idea of dreaming big and then narrowing down your vision into a clear strategic plan
- Create clear, realistic goals and objectives for your centre
- Explore ways to create a shared vision within your teaching team and your community
- Discuss the purpose of internal evaluation
- Explore differences between strategic, regular, and emergent internal evaluation
- Gain a good understanding of a pathway/framework for conducting internal evaluation
- Share successful examples of internal evaluation
- Be supported to begin your own internal evaluation for your centre.
Suitable for centre leaders and aspiring leaders in ECE.
Course runs from 9am-3pm.
Normal Price: $195
Location: Ruakura Conference Centre @ the Park, Waikato Innovation Park, 1 Melody Lane, Hamilton, 3241.
Introduction to Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) – SPELD NZ
SPELD NZ Introduction to Specific Learning Disabilities, including dyslexia.
Are you struggling to support a child or adult with dyslexia?
Are you a teacher/teacher aide who wants to reach more children in your classroom?
Are you aware of children who are disruptive, withdrawn, bright but not achieving?
Are you a Learning Support Coordinator taking on a new role?
Are you working with a child who is not progressing as you would expect?
SPELD NZ’S two day introductory course is for you!
Training subsidies may be available in your area towards teachers attending.
or phone (0800) 773 536