EOTC Jumbo Day – Effective Safety Management Systems for Schools
Modelled and adapted for schools in remote regions from core 2-day EOTC and Effective Safety Management for Schools PLD, this PLD is designed for schools seeking to understand and implement good practice processes in EOTC and to embed them in programmes and school-wide safety systems.
The workshop has been re-scheduled from term 2 following Covid cancellation and dovetails into an evening seminar called 'EOTC Through the Board Lens'. School boards in the Gisborne region will be sent invitations to attend.
ATTENDANCE IS FREE to school staff through Ministry of Education support.
Most benefit is gained when a school can send two people, including a combination of a Principal or SLT, EOTC coordinator, or a lead practicing teacher.
Where Emerald Hotel 13 Gladstone Road, Gisborne.
Who should attend?
Schools seeking to:
- build capability within their staff to run quality EOTC underpinned by good practice EOTC management
- support with the implementation of current good practice processes
- support a better understanding of 'Why' and support with 'How' to implement good practice processes
- support with review of their EOTC systems.
- Whose staff have not engaged with the Ministry of Education EOTC Guidelines 2016, Bringing the Curriculum Alive in the last 3 years
- Have New staff or staff new to the EOTC coordinator role.
This is a day full of opportunity to up-skill, develop, affirm, share and critique school practices.
Most benefit is gained when a school can send at least two people, including a combination of the senior leadership team, the EOTC coordinator, or a lead teacher.
Contact: Catherine Kappelle
(03) 423 3141