EOTC and Effective Safety Management Systems
Core EOTC PLD for schools seeking to understand and implement good practice processes in EOTC and to embed them in programmes and school-wide safety systems.
This PLD has been fully re-scheduled for term 3 following cancellation brought on by Covid-19 restrictions.
Who is this PLD for?
- Schools with EOTC coordinators new to the role
- Schools wishing to implement good practice systems or are seeking support with implementation and review
- Schools whose staff have not previously engaged with the Ministry of Education EOTC Guidelines (2016)
- Schools with new staff .
The most benefit is gained when a school can send at least two people, including a combination of the senior leadership team, the EOTC coordinator, and a lead practising teacher. Ideally, a third person is a member of the school board.
Attendance is free to school staff and members of school boards through Ministry of Education support.
Hamilton: Wednesday 12 August followed by Monday 31 August
Wellington: Thursday 13 August followed by Monday 7 September
Blenheim: Friday 14 August followed by Thursday 10 September
Whangarei: Tuesday 18 August followed by Tuesday 8 September
Auckland: Thursday 20 followed by Monday 7 September
Invercargill: Tuesday 25 August followed by Tuesday 15 September
Christchurch: Thursday 27 August followed by Thursday 17 September
Hawera: Monday 31 August followed by Tuesday 22 September
- To support understanding of key concepts that underpin safe quality teaching and learning across all EOTC environments through an understanding of the guidelines
- To provide training on leading change consistent with accepted good practice
- To build capacity within schools to maximise safety and learning across all EOTC contexts
- To offer guidance in the implementation of key components of the guidelines.
Contact: Catherine Kappelle
(03) 423 3141