Learning Support PLD: Practical Strategies for Inclusive Classrooms
Over the course of two days, we are offering four workshops focused on practical strategies for inclusive classrooms.
We aim to demystify challenging disorders and diagnoses, and equip educators with the right understanding to best support learners.
These workshops are ideal for school leaders, teachers, teacher aides, SENCOs, Learning Support Co-ordinators (LSC), RTLBs, and kaiako in early learning settings.
- Conduct Disorder
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.
Brenda Ellis will be leading this series of workshops. Brenda has specialist knowledge, expertise and in-depth experience in learning support, having recently joined Evaluation Associates from Salisbury School (a national residential school for young people with complex needs based in Nelson). Brenda brings her years of sensible, practical experience to these empowering workshops.
Focus of each session:
- background information on the specialist topic
- practical strategies for teachers to assist in managing their students' specific needs to enhance learning
- question and answer session
- unpacking real-life scenarios as a group.
Morning and/or afternoon tea and all resources are provided.
We encourage you to look at the four workshops and consider attending more than one. Please refer to our website below for more details.
Contact: Donna Leckie
(0800) 382 582