PLGs for Kāhui Ako Across-school and Within-school Leads
Evaluation Associates is running a Wellington-based professional learning group (PLG) in 2020.
Kāhui Ako leads will engage in learning with small groups of 6–10 people.
The group will be comprised of leads from different Kāhui Ako which will strengthen the learning experience.
The group is facilitated by Margaret Hesketh, an expert in developing leadership.
Across-school and within-school leaders have a key role in leading improvement by supporting and enabling in-school leaders to implement practices aligned with the Kāhui Ako strategic direction. To do this effectively requires high-level, and often sophisticated leadership, along with collaborative inquiry, and coaching expertise.
Developing specific leadership skills to work most effectively is a key area of development for all across-school and within-school Kāhui Ako leads, regardless of whether they are newly appointed or have been in the role for a while.
The areas of focus will be co-constructed with the group based on their needs. Areas of focus could include:
- Language of learning
- Building influencing relationships
- Conversations that matter
- Building credibility through understanding
- Problem identification solving
- Inquiry as an across-school and within-school leader
- Critical friend relationships
- Collaborative inquiry
- Leading others/ Leadership Capability Framework
- Running/ facilitating cross-school staff development sessions
- Group coaching.
The sessions will be made up of both theory and practice and will allow each member to delve into their own practice and build their leadership capability.
Members of the professional learning group will engage in 7 three-hour sessions over the year.
- Thursday 26 March, 9am–12pm
- Thursday 21 May, 9am–12pm
- Thursday 18 June, 9am–12pm
- Thursday 13 August, 9am–12pm
- Thursday 10 September, 9am–12pm
- Thursday 29 October, 9am–12pm
- Thursday 19 November, 9am–12pm.
Price: $739+ GST per person for the whole year.
Contact: Donna Leckie
(0800) 382 582