Masterton: Middle Leaders Twilight Workshop Series
These workshops will be interactive with time provided for the dialogue and the sharing of thinking and ideas. Workshop content has been co-constructed with the assistance of previous participants identified needs and feedback.
In an attempt to be responsive and adaptive to participant needs, each workshop in the series builds on the knowledge workshop.
- Deepen our understanding of ourselves as a leader
- Explore what it means to "lead from the middle"
- Examine the issues faced by middle leaders in a school
- Inquire into a wide range of leadership practices that will assist in building a leadership platform
- Further develop our understanding of the importance of School Culture
- Examine tools that promote leading for a strategic and successful sustainable change
- Unpacking the Educational Leadership Capability Framework
- Promote leading for strategic and successful change
- Develop capability - evaluative, strategic, instructional and adaptive
- Promote dialogue, discussion and debate with other middle leaders
- Support leaders inquiries as part of appraisal
- Assist with further aspirations towards senior leadership positions.
David Bradford is a Leadership and Assessment facilitator for Te Whai Toi Tangata, Division of Education at the University of Waikato.