Play-Based Pedagogy – Half Day Workshop
In Search of Excellence – WHY do we believe in the power of learning through play?
Early childhood and primary combined half day workshop
WHY – do we think this is an important area of teaching practice to explore? To get some answers to the following questions!
- Are we hitting the mark with play-based learning?
- Do both sectors of early years education have a shared understanding of what play-based pedagogy really means?
HOW – will we facilitate this shared learning experience?
- By looking upstream at teaching practice, rather than downstream at what children are doing.
- By exploring the importance of observing children’s actions and behaviours to determine potential learning while at play.
- By exploring the various theories behind play-based pedagogy.
WHAT – will we learn together?
- An understanding of each sector’s curriculum documents – New Zealand Curriculum and Te Whāriki.
- The importance of understanding HOW things are taught rather than WHAT is taught.
- Discover the levels of playfulness.