Tikanga 101 : What, How, Why - 2 x Half Day Workshops
Together we will explore how to create your own personalised tikanga and bring bicultural authenticity to your everyday teaching practice.
- What is biculturalism and how does it relate to you personally?
- Understanding the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and how these can be reflected in your local curriculum.
- Learning about Maori theories and pedagogy to assist in developing a culturally responsive curriculum.
- Creating an authentic bicultural vision that brings the team together as a collective.
- Building authentic partnerships with whānau, to ensure the aspirations they have for their children are paramount.
- Designing learning environments that ensures bicultural practice is visible, Te Reo and Tikanga Maori are valued and an integral part of teaching and learning.
- Weaving Te Reo and Tikanga into children’s learning pathways.
- Breathing Wairau in your local curriculum.
This course will be a blend of two cluster workshops and each day will run from 9am to 12.30pm.
Workshop One: Wednesday 4 March 2020
Workshop Two: Wednesday, 8 April 2020.