NCEA Panels - Expressions of Interest
We’re seeking applications to establish four NCEA Panels – groups who will work with the Ministry of Education on the development and delivery of the NCEA change package. We’re specifically seeking expressions of interest for the following groups:
- Māori NCEA Panel
- Pacific People NCEA Panel
- Disability & Learning Support NCEA Panel
- Pathways NCEA Panel (bringing a lens of how students progress through NCEA and develop strong pathways forward into higher education and/or employment).
What will the NCEA Panels do?
The Panels will work with Ministry Leads to advise on the development of new products and system shifts for the NCEA change package. Panels are expected to provide targeted advice and input at critical points in the design and implementation of the change package, based on their expertise, knowledge and experience.
Each Panel will have approximately 8 members.
Who should apply to be on a NCEA Panel?
Across all NCEA Panels, applicants should:
- Have strong expertise, knowledge or experience relevant to a respective NCEA Panel
- Demonstrate an ability to draw on and incorporate this expertise, knowledge or experience
- Be able to work collaboratively and in a team setting
- Be prepared to commit to approximately 4 days in 2020 to help shape quality criteria and provide quality assurance.
For more information, including key characteristics we would like to see reflected in each group, visit Education Conversation | NCEA Review. We’re looking for a range of voices and want to see a balance of relevant expertise, knowledge and experience reflected across groups. This includes experienced teachers, industry experts, academics and respected people in these communities.
To apply to be on a NCEA Panel, send your CV and cover letter to NCEA.Review@education.govt.nz. Please keep your CV and cover letter concise (max four pages in total and Word documents only), noting your relevant experience.
Contact: Simon Sanders
(04) 439 5005