Using Navigating the Journey (Y1–4)
This half-day course focuses on utilising the new Navigating the Journey Y1–2 and Y3–4 resources to deliver comprehensive relationship and sexuality education programmes to Year 1-4 students. (Note that these resources are reviewed and updated versions of the Ka Puāwai - Ka Hiki Ki Te Haere resource.)
The course includes:
- An in-depth exploration of the Navigating the Journey Y1–2 and Y3–4 resources, including themes, lesson plans and activities
- The approach that underpins the resource
- How to create a positive and safe learning environment for teaching relationship and sexuality education.
- Practice responding to questions
- Recommended resources, support agencies and organisations.
Suitable for teachers of young people in Y1–4.
Family Planning also offers free in-school teacher professional development and capability building nationally. Please contact us at (04) 384 4349 or email@example.com to discuss this option if the upcoming course dates and times do not work for your school or organisation.