An Introduction to the New Zealand Curriculum
An introduction to the New Zealand Curriculum for overseas trained teachers (open to other interested parties)
This course is an opportunity for teachers new to teaching in New Zealand, to develop understanding, and unpack the intent, of the New Zealand Curriculum.
The workshop will support participants to:
- Understand The New Zealand Curriculum and its components
- Understand the uniqueness of the curriculum document as a flexible framework that enables innovation
- Understand the alignment of the curriculum document to school strategic planning and vision
- Have knowledge and appreciation of how schools can use the potential of the The New Zealand Curriculum to develop a ‘local’ curriculum that best fits their needs and school context
- Engage with the document to plan teaching and learning opportunities.
Teacher Education Refresh Programme
The Teacher Education Refresh (TER) programme is currently funded by the Ministry of Education for those teacher required by the Teaching Council to complete a TER.
The Kohia Centre programme can be completed in 2–3 months. It is delivered through a combination of 4 face-to-face workshop days, online modules/tasks and a 4 week practicum in a school. (Teachers already employed in long term teaching positions can use their current position to demonstrate effective teaching practice).
Find out more at: tinyurl.com/y4gjvmsp or email email@example.com.