Using Navigating the Journey (Y9–10)
This half-day course focuses on utilising the new Navigating the Journey Years 9 and 10 resources to deliver comprehensive relationship and sexuality education programmes to Y9–10 students, as well as in alternative education settings. (Note that these resources are reviewed and updated versions of the Hei Huarahi resources.)
The course includes:
- An in-depth exploration of the Navigating the Journey Y9–10 resources, including themes, lesson plans and activities
- The approach that underpins the resource
- How to create a positive and safe learning environment for teaching relationship and sexuality education
- Understandings and skills to enhance relationships
- Practice responding to questions
- Recommended resources, support agencies and organisations.
Suitable for teachers and community staff who teach relationship and sexuality education at Y9–10.
Family Planning also offers free in-school teacher professional development and capability building nationally. Please contact us at (04) 384 4349 or email@example.com to discuss this option if the upcoming course dates and times do not work for your school or organisation.
Bay of Plenty