Maths — No Problem Fundamentals Course for Singapore Maths
Gain subject knowledge and confidence in our hands-on, practical PLD course.
Join Maths — No Problem! in March 2020 and discover the successful numeracy approach from top-performing nations like Singapore.
“[Students] are having fun with maths. They can talk about what they’re doing, [show] deeper understanding… and clearly explain their thinking… This is working for all kids.”
Marie NelsonMaths Lead, St Paul's Primary School Auckland, New Zealand
Over a few hours you will learn:
- How to develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills in all learners
- Why mathematical concepts need to be understood both procedurally and conceptually
- The researched teaching methods that have kept Singapore at the top of the international scales, including bar modelling, and the Concrete, Pictorial, Abstract approach (CPA)
- How to develop visualisation and metacognition in learners
- Techniques to support struggling learners and challenge advanced learners in every maths lesson
- How to structure an effective maths lesson and why it works
- To solve practical word problems that can be used in the classroom.
Price: $260 + GST.
Contact: Alexandra Laurie
(027) 499 2804