2020 Mentor Teacher Programmes in Auckland, North Shore and Northland
This three-day programme enables mentor teachers to support provisionally certificated teachers’ inquiry into effective practice. The programme examines the role of the mentor teacher and its corresponding responsibilities. Participants will also examine the practising teacher criteria and standards for the teaching profession. They will learn effective ways to give feedback, analyse teacher practice and provide on-going mentoring and reporting.
Over three sessions the programme will cover:
- The role of the mentor teacher
- Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand updates
- The standards for the teaching profession
- The induction and mentoring programme, roles and responsibilities
- Use of the release component
- Documentation requirements and the registration process.
Inquiry into Practice:
- Observation of practice and feedback to teachers
- Analysis of teacher practice
- Ongoing mentoring and reporting
- The development of portfolios and evidence.
Boys in Literacy - Cracking the Code
Teacher Education Refresh Programme
The Teacher Education Refresh (TER) programme is currently funded by the Ministry of Education for those teacher required by the Teaching Council to complete a TER.
The Kohia Centre programme can be completed in 2–3 months. It is delivered through a combination of 4 face-to-face workshop days, online modules/tasks and a 4 week practicum in a school. (Teachers already employed in long term teaching positions can use their current position to demonstrate effective teaching practice).
Find out more at: tinyurl.com/y4gjvmsp or email email@example.com.