Developing the Creative Process: Through Painting and Colour Making
Are you looking to revitalise your visual arts programme with more of an emphasis on creativity?
This course at Studio One Toi Tu in Auckland (10am–3pm) provides the resources, techniques and motivation to implement creative ideas across the curriculum and encourage creative and critical thinking in your learners.
We will support teachers to create and deliver cross curricular art lessons which encourage creativity, mindfulness and individuality as well as providing opportunities to develop practical knowledge and ideas, communicating and interpreting in the visual arts.
Teachers will develop practical strategies for setting up, managing and teaching painting and colour making in the classroom through a rich creative process of exploring, experimenting, creating, reflecting and sharing.
- Visual arts: Developing practical knowledge, communicating and interpreting, painting set up and techniques, colour making, tints and shades, abstract art, collage
- Literacy: Narrative writing
- STEM: Colour, light, geometry, nature, chemistry
- Key competencies: Critical and creative thinking, participating and contributing
- Values: Creativity, well being, mindfulness.
Also available in schools, over 2 staff meetings or on a teacher only day Learn more