New to NCEA Workshop
This introductory workshop is ideal for first year teachers as well as experienced primary teachers teaching in secondary/wharekura for the first time. Kaiako who are experienced in teaching at NCEA levels are welcome to attend. No course fees. Some assistance with private vehicle travel only is available for participants travelling more than 60kms one way. Enquire on the Ako Panuku website for eligibility and travel assistance.
- Understanding NCEA (the qualification) and the outcomes of the recent review
- The role of assessment in secondary schools (Assessment FOR and OF learning)
- An introduction to the essentials when it comes to NCEA documentation
- As introduction to moderation (internal and external)
- NCEA myth busters and FAQs
- Some top tips and insight for managing NCEA.
- An understanding of NCEA as a qualification and how it works
- Knowledge of where to find information and support
- Increased confidence to manage NCEA administration as part of the teaching and learning programme.