2020 National Youth Jazz Competition, Tauranga
We invite you to register for the 43rd National Youth Jazz Competition!
The Tauranga Jazz Society are very excited to be staging the 43rd National Youth Jazz Competition in 2020. We look forward to having you join us.
Open to students Y7–13.
When: Wednesday 8 April to Thursday 9 April 2020
- Wednesday 8 April 8.30am–5.15pm (approx.): Big Bands and Combos in Addison Theatre
- Jazz Jam with judges and students 7–8.30pm
- Thursday 9 April 8.30am–4pm (approx.): Big Bands in Addison Theatre
- 9am–4pm (approx.): Combos in X Space
- Prizegiving: Thursday 9 April, 5pm
- National Jazz Festival Concert 8pm (NZ Army Band – free ticket included with registration)
Where: Tauranga at the Baycourt Community and Arts Centre, 38 Durham Street, Tauranga
- Combos: Mr PC (John Coltrane)
- Big Bands: Groovemaker (Jeff Taylor)
Registration form and competition rules can be downloaded at www.nationalyouthjazz.org.nz/registrations
Registrations close: Friday 28 February 2020 at 4pm, or once limited spaces have been filled.
Enquiries: Liam Ryan, Manager National Youth Jazz Competition
Liam Mobile: (021) 042 1322 or Mandy (027) 453 3425
Address: Box 2057, Tauranga 3140.
08 April 2020 – 09 April 2020