The Lift to Literacy : Bridging Science to Practice, Dr Pam Kastner
Dr Pam Kastner is leading a workshop / speaking tour in New Zealand early in 2020. Please register to attend and hear about the vital ingredients needed for successful literacy.
The science of reading is here and you can find out about it!
- Hear about this science: How does it translate to your teaching? Reap the benefits with individuals, groups and classroom
- Broaden your own understanding or attend as a team or staff to improve the literacy of your children together
- Plan effective instruction. Utilise sound walls and decodeable texts
- Explore the benefits of direct, explicit, systematic instruction
- Observe advanced phonemic awareness which lifts student outcomes
- Understand the elements of effective literacy for dyslexic children
- Early Literacy in NZ is undergoing change. Feel confident and ready.
Learn from Dr Kastner, the State Lead Consultant for Literacy and the leader of Pennsylvania's Dyslexia Screening and Early Intervention Programme.
Pam is a popular presenter at the Reading League Conferences. She combines the theory with practical experience and works directly with teachers, principals, multi-tiered support and trainees.
"The purpose of this tour is to affect teacher practice toward improving student learning" – Dr P Kastner.
Find your workshop!
Dunedin – 16 March 2020 – Mornington Presbyterian Church Hall
Christchurch – 18 March 2020 – North New Brighton Community Centre
Palmerston North – 20 March 2020 to be advised
Invercargill – 23 March 2020 – Otatara Community Hall
Hamilton – 25 March 2020 – to be advised
Auckland – 27 March 2020 – Blockhouse Bay Community Centre
Time: 8.30 Coffee – 9am presentation begins.
Morning tea provided.
Lunch: one hour, please bring own lunch.
Prices: $125 per person – paid by 31 December
$150 per person – paid by 29 February
$175 per person – paid by 16 March.