The Lift to Literacy : Bridging Science to Practice, Dr Pam Kastner
Dr Pam Kastner is leading a workshop / speaking tour in New Zealand early in 2020. Please register to attend and hear about the vital ingredients needed for successful literacy.
The science of reading is here and you can find out about it!
- Hear and learn about this science: What do you know? What do you need to know? How can we teach all children? What are the implications at the individual, classroom and school wide level?
- Broaden your own understanding
- Plan effective instruction. Include fomative assessment
- Explore how direct, explicit, systematic instruction will benefit all children
- Observe advanced phonemic awareness which lifts student outcomes
- Become aware of effective literacy for dyslexic children
- Early literacy is changing in NZ. Find out about decodeable texts and sound walls
Learn from Dr Kastner, the State Lead Consultant for Literacy and the leader of Pennsylvania's Dyslexia Screening and Early Literacy Intervention Programme.
Such is her expertise, that she has presented at the latest Reading League Conferences. She has trained many teachers, principals, multi-tiered support, wrap around support, and teacher trainees.
Find your workshop!
There are six throughout New Zealand.
The purpose of this tour is to affect teacher practice toward improving student learning. For a very reasonable price, come and join us.
Dunedin – 16 March 2020 Mornington Presbyterian Church Hall
Time: 8.30am – coffee. 9am presentation begins.
Morning tea provided, tea and coffee available.
Lunch: One hour break and please bring your own lunch.
Time: 4pm conclusion.
Price: $100 per person if booked and paid by 27 September; $125 per person if booked and paid by 31 December; 150 per person if booked and paid by 29 February 2020; $175 per person if booked and paid by 16 March 2020.