China Experience for Science and Technology Teachers
Asia New Zealand Foundation is offering up to 12 places to science and digital technology teachers from New Zealand to take part in a professional development opportunity in China.
The purpose of the trip is to:
- Provide teachers with first-hand experience of the rapidly growing science and digital technology industry in China as well as the economy, history, culture, and customs
- Allow teachers to learn about how science and digital technology is taught in China
- Inspire teachers to include more Asia content in their teaching.
The majority of the programme will take place in Guangzhou, China.
- Be New Zealand citizens
- Be New Zealand registered primary teachers with a STEM focus and secondary teachers of science, digital technologies or robotics
- Be currently teaching at a school and have the full support of your principal
- Not have travelled to Guangzhou previously.
The trip will take place between 21 March to 28 March 2020.
Applications close 5pm, Wednesday 6 November.
Contact: Mei Law, Education Adviser, Asia New Zealand Foundation
(09) 222 0951
New Caledonia .... School Trip?
Create an interactive and culturally rewarding experience for your students using New Caledonia as your classroom. This is a 10 person familiarisation/educational visit to New Caledonia in 2020 for genuine group organisers. We will show you what can be seen and done, what experiences your students will have and give you the hands-on experience and skills to organise a school trip to New Caledonia. Sponsored by Air Calin, Edventuretours Travel and New Caledonia Tourism.
Also Samoa, Vanuatu, Raro, occasionally Hawaii, Tahiti available during the year.
Contact: Ashleigh Hamilton of Edventuretours; ph (07) 855 9499; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rarotonga Sponsored Teachers Famil 2020
We sponsor escorted teachers tours for those looking to extend their classrooms to the Pacific – we will provide hands on experience and skills to help plan a tour to return with a school group. While on ‘Famil’ with us you will participate in masses of activities and look at ways of giving back to the local community, with accommodation inspections and relationships with local providers established to give you the confidence to organise your own school trip and opportunity to assess risk management first-hand.
Contact: Edventuretours, ph (07) 855 9499 or email email@example.com.