An introduction to the New Zealand Curriculum for Overseas Trained Teachers
This course is an opportunity for teachers new to teaching in New Zealand, to develop understanding, and unpack the intent, of the New Zealand Curriculum.
The workshop will support participants to:
- Understand the New Zealand Curriculum and its components
- Understand the uniqueness of the curriculum document as a flexible framework that enables innovation
- Understand the alignment of the curriculum document to school strategic planning and vision
- Have knowledge and appreciation of how schools can use the potential of the New Zealand Curriculum to develop a ‘local’ curriculum that best fits their needs and school context
- Engage with the document to plan teaching and learning opportunities.
Erinna Law is a team leader of Y5–6 students at Willow Park School in Auckland. She is also a COL in school leader for the Northcote Community of Learning. Erinna has over 20 years teaching experience including early childhood, secondary, community art and English as an additional language to adults. She has worked in New Zealand, the United Kingdom and Hungary.