Navigating school hauora: why, what and how?
Improving wellbeing in an educational setting is associated with stronger social and emotional skills, fewer signs of depression and increased levels of self-regulation. Join Ara Simmons to explore hauora as a collective endeavour that can impact the wellbeing of staff, students, whānau and your community.
This CORE Breakfast seminar will:
- investigate the case for a systematic hauora approach in schools
- give an introduction to the science of wellbeing and positive education
- consider diversity as part of the conversation
- provide an overview of some current wellbeing frameworks.
In the optional and interactive follow-up workshop, participants will delve deeper into the key themes introduced in the seminar. By the end of this workshop participants will:
- explore their own school context through a strength-based model of inquiry
- have a framework for completing a wellbeing audit at their own school
- leave with a plan of action.
Come along and kick start your day with professional learning at this CORE Breakfast - find out more.