NCEA for Newbies, with Robyn Headifen
Navigating the maze of what we know as NCEA can be overwhelming. This one-day course offers teachers with little or no experience with NCEA the opportunity to engage with others as they learn about New Zealand’s national qualification.
- Explore the NCEA framework and qualifications
- Become familiar with the NZQA website
- Unpack a standard for teaching and learning
- Experience holistic marking
- Understand best practice in assessment
- Discuss the myths surrounding NCEA
- At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
Explain how NCEA works
Unpack a standard for teaching and learning
Implement best practice assessment activity.
Robyn is an Accredited Facilitator previously working at Team Solutions in the Faculty of Education and Social Work. Her specialities include monitoring and evaluating progress in the senior secondary school, pathways design, improving pedagogy in mathematics and statistics. Robyn was previously the Auckland regional mathematics and statistics facilitator for the Secondary Student Achievement professional learning and development contract. Prior to joining Team Solutions, Robyn spent 12 years as a mathematics and statistics teacher in a large urban secondary school.