Making Sense of Tapasā
Join Ruta McKenzie, Justine Mason and Traci Sietu to explore Tapasā – a cultural competencies framework for teachers of Pacific learners.
This CORE Breakfast seminar will:
- Introduce Tapasā, its background and context
- Explore Ngā Turu/the competencies and ways to integrate them into planning and teaching practices.
In the optional and interactive follow-up workshop, participants will explore Tapasā, learn about Pacific perspectives, values and knowledge and consider the following questions in relation to ‘what matters here’ in your context:
- How can we engage with Tapasā in ways that enable us to integrate effective strategies into our pedagogical practices for learners of Pacific heritages?
- How can we use the cultural values of Tapasā to design our local curriculum?
- In what ways can we apply the Tapasā framework within the Code of Professional Responsibility?
- Why is it important that learning environments empower Pacific learners?
Come along and kick start your day with professional learning at this CORE Breakfast – find out more.