Overseas Trained Teachers with Provisional Certification - OTT Workshop 3, 2019
For all OTTs working towards gaining full certification, teaching in schools (Y1–13).
In terms 1–2 we offered our first 2 workshops that introduced OTTs to teaching in the New Zealand context. To further assist OTTs (and their mentors) we are offering:
OTT Workshop 3 (term 3) Delving Deeper: Design for learning and the NZC
This workshop aims to develop OTT’s understanding of the NZC and supporting documents; Tātaiko, Tapasā and the Local Curriculum Guides. It delves into the ‘back half’ of the document and provides support for teachers to develop teaching and learning programmes by examining the relationship between the concepts in the front and the objectives at the back. This approach develops a curriculum that is localised and puts the student at the centre.
Unpacking Tātaiako, Tapasā and Teaching as Inquiry (TaI) in more depth
- Unpacking Tātaiako and Tapasā
- The links to Teaching as Inquiry and the connections between teacher practice and the Standards for the Teaching Profession.
Unpacking Planning – links to curriculum
- Connections to the Key Competencies
- Exploring and developing the NZC, starting with a Māori lens via Tātaiako
- Exploring and developing the NZC, incorporating a Pasifika lens via Tapasā
- Assessment; exploring the variety of assessment procedures and tasks available, focusing first on the primary purpose of assessment
- Assessment for learning and indicators of progress.
Localising your curriculum
- Exploring resources to support a localized curriculum i.e. TKI, ePCT modules, Local Curriculum Guides and Te Takanga o te Wā and making the learning and assessment authentic
- Assessment and reporting including reporting to parents and whānau.
See our website for more details. For workshop dates and locations click here. To enrol, click here.
There are no course costs for these workshops.
02 August 2019 – 23 September 2019