Social Skills and Safety for Children with ASD Educator Training
This training workshop focuses on:
- Developing effective communication strategies
- The use of practical exercises developed with the intent to raise awareness
- Strategies to engage young people living with ASD
- To learn to play together (social inclusion).
After completing the lessons, boys and girls usually have:
- Enhanced communication skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- Better coping strategies for managing stressful situations
- A greater understanding of non-verbal communication
- More reference points for controlling emotions
- More skills, both verbally and non-verbally, to respond to situations adequately.
This exciting, active and inspiring workshop is brought to you by Rock and Water New Zealand Ltd, and will be facilitated by Carl and Lianne Marshall. Carl is the Rock and Water Master Instructor for Queensland and has extensive experience working with children with ASD and the Rock and Water programme. Lianne is a highly regarded SENCO and brings a wealth of knowledge and personal experience regarding ASD and how to target specific behaviours using the unique Rock and Water approach.
Please note registrations close 7 September.