Using Navigating the Journey (Y9-10)
This half-day course focuses on utilising the new Navigating the Journey Y9–10 resources to deliver comprehensive sexuality education programmes to Y9–10 students, as well as in alternative education settings. (Note that these resources are reviewed and updated versions of the Hei Huarahi resources.)
- An in-depth exploration of the Navigating the Journey Y9–10 resources, including themes, lesson plans and activities
- The approach that underpins the resource
- How to create a positive and safe learning environment for teaching sexuality education
- Methods for assessing student learning
- Practice responding to questions
- Recommended resources, support agencies and organisations.
Suitable for teachers and community staff who teach sexuality education at Y9–10.
Family Planning also offers free in-school teacher professional development and capability building nationally.
Please contact us at (04) 384 4349 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this option if the upcoming course dates and times do not work for your school or organisation.