Learn More About Autism
Comprehensive self-paced online course
- For teachers, SENCO's, learning support, parents, specialists
- Evidence-based information
- New Zealand context
- Uses a case-study model to teach and engage
- Suitable for people supporting any student with autism (non-verbal through to gifted)
- Dozens of videos created by highly skilled and knowledgeable NZ presenters
Content includes three modules:
- Understanding the characteristics of autism to develop a profile
- Set individualised goals and plans using evident-based strategies
- Strategies to support behaviour
Materials can still be accessed after the course has been completed.
Available for individual, team or whole school for as little as $30 per person.
Teacher Education Refresh Programme
The Teacher Education Refresh (TER) programme is currently funded by the Ministry of Education for those teacher required by the Teaching Council to complete a TER.
The Kohia Centre programme can be completed in 2–3 months. It is delivered through a combination of 4 face-to-face workshop days, online modules/tasks and a 4 week practicum in a school. (Teachers already employed in long term teaching positions can use their current position to demonstrate effective teaching practice).
Find out more at: tinyurl.com/y4gjvmsp or email firstname.lastname@example.org.