Shifting Boys from Disengagement to High Learning Performance
Are some of your boys underperforming? Drawing on 40 years research and work in schools, PLD Facilitator, Jon Winder has had huge success shifting boys from underperformance to high engagement, leadership, resilience and learning mastery. This insightful workshop has supported hundreds of teachers throughout New Zealand with the tools to inspire boys to lift their inner frame of reference, to find meaning and relevance, a new zest for learning and the success they deserve. After taking this workshop throughout the country Jon now brings it back to Hamilton.
The tools you
- Knowing what motivates boys to perform well
- Techniques to support boys to shift from negative responses to learning achievement
- What science tells us about boys’ brains and learning engagement
- Building wellbeing, resilience and the desire to learn
- Supporting boys to move from frustration to mature leadership
- Keys to engage boys’ creativity and imagination
- Supporting a school culture of lived values that foster high male engagement
- Techniques for cracking the “boy code” and inspiring boys to want to be themselves.
Comments from previous course members
- “Thank you for sharing such wisdom, humanity and magic” Scott Crawford, Dean
- “The Best PLD I’ve ever done, restoring my enthusiasm completely.” Sonya McAteer, Teacher
- “Thought provoking, motivating, enjoyable. Positive, professional delivery.” Sally Hooker,
- “Parents were blown away by the positive changes in their boys” Jason Valentine-Burt. Principal
- “Clear passion, on-going support, great open discussion, inspiring” Joshua Brodie. Teacher
Facilitator: Jon Winder.
Time: 13 September, 9am–3pm.
Fee: $300+GST Early bird $280+GST by 16 August; $270+GST per person for 2 staff from same school; $265+GST per person for 3 or more staff from same school.
Venue: Caccia Birch House, Palmerston North.
Registration: Email email@example.com or (09) 427 5823.