Yoga Practices and Mindfulness, Well Being 'Mana Atua' for Children
The morning will cover:
- Yoga practice for children
- Participants joining in practical, non competitive yoga expression and poses
- A focus on intellectual and emotional IQ
- Acknowledgement of the values of perseverance, courage, kindness, self control, communication, respect, thankfulness, honesty
- Integrating mind, body connections for children through basic postures, breathing exercises, and relaxation – supporting exuberant and reserved children to focus and balance.
The afternoon will include:
- Cultural health perspectives and well-being (Te Whāriki and The NZ Curriculum)
- Introduction to natural, wholesome approaches including herbs, aromatherapy, massage
- Use of plants (kawakawa) to support holistic practices
- Digestion and nutrition
- Strategies for well-being integration into ECE and school programmes
- Mindfulness – connecting mind, body and soul in peaceful, ambient settings
- Theory of movement.
Course preparation: Please wear flexible clothing; previous yoga experience is not necessary. Yoga mats are provided at the course.
Facilitators: Desma Cornhill and Wendy Ardelean
Venue: Ventura Inn Hamilton, 23 Clarence St, Hamilton Central
Target: Early Childhood and Primary School Teachers of Y0–6 students