BLAKE Inspire - For Environmentally Passionate Teachers
BLAKE (formerly the Sir Peter Blake Trust) invites primary and intermediate teachers to take part in 'BLAKE Inspire for Teachers'. This programme brings together educators from all over New Zealand who are keen to develop a deeper understanding of environmental issues and make a bigger impact on their students by applying environmental education across all subjects.
Fully-funded by the Ministry of Education (excluding travel to Auckland) BLAKE Inspire is a five-day, hands-on, practical environmental education and leadership development course in Auckland from 30 September to 4 October 2019.
During the week delegates will be teamed with world-leading scientists, environmental leaders and experts in their fields to learn about topical issues such as climate change, freshwater quality, biodiversity and ocean health. The programme will provide teachers with experiential learning opportunities about environmental issues and develop their ability to translate the experience to their students to encourage environmental action.
Applications close 23 June.
What will teachers gain from BLAKE Inspire?
- Teachers will be eligible to receive the BLAKE Environmental Education Certificate.
- Learn from a range of experts across science, business and government.
- Learn new ways to understand and teach environmental issues.
- Learn how to develop sustainability programmes in their schools.
- Learn to empower students to understand the purpose of sustainability as kaitiaki.
- Learn to incorporate the Nature of Science with tikanga and Mātauranga Māori.
- Develop deeper understanding of science capabilities.
- Create new cross-curricular units with subject experts.
- Have ongoing access to subject experts such as marine biologists, climate scientists, and Ministry of Education staff through the BLAKE network.
- Connect with an active and ongoing network of other inspiring educators.
For more information and to apply visit: blakenz.org