Starting Off in a New Entrant Setting, with Jo Williams
This course will provide practical ideas, tips and visual inspiration for both teachers new to this specialised teaching area and for those wanting to refresh aspects of their current programme.
The session will explore:
- Key features for setting up an effective new entrant learning environment; how it looks and feels and how it is organised
- Different approaches to new entrant settings
- Transition to school and what to expect from students in the first few weeks
- The importance of continuing foundation and developmental skills
- Opportunities for play and exploration and activities that link ECE with the new entrant classroom
- Sharing some literacy and numeracy ideas for the first few weeks of school
- Integrating curriculum areas in contexts that are relevant to new entrant children
- Bringing back creativity!
- Ideas for resources and websites.
Whare Tapa Rima - Five Sided Home Based Pastoral Care